74 XB Coupe MAD MAX FURY ROAD PROMO VEHICLE
Post ApocalypticRust on panels, no carpets inside, wear and tear on body.
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): JG67PB37659K974
Engine: 351 Cleveland V8
Escaped from the Wateland stands before you the Mad MAx Pursuit Special.
Based off a modfified Ford Falcon XB Coupe, this particular car was commissioned to Cameron Manewell by Warner Bros to be the Promotional Vehicle at the Sydney Premiere of Fury Road back in 2015.
Cameron built all the Falcons for Fury Road, the black ones and the bare metal ones. He even included some screen used parts on that car : wheel fender flares and roof spoiler.
The car ha a complete Mad MAx body kit with zoomie exhausts (one muffler on each side). The Blower is fake but it is a real hollow casing and front cover / pulley. The back cover and Scott Hat are fiberglass replicas. Base for the Scott Hat is aluminum.
The wheels and tyres are brand new, correct sizes and style.
You can keep the Body kit the way it is, which gives a cool "in-between Mad Max 1 and 2" look, or chop the nose, remove the back lid and glass and make a MM2 or Fury Road one.
I personally prefer the full front nose cone rather than the half nose seen in MM2 and Fury Road.
This car was meant to be for show only, so we revamped it last month to make it driveable with the help of Sydney based performance workshops OC Motorsports and VS Motorsports and added :
- Brand new tie rod ends for the steering and lower and uper ball joints for the front suspension arms.
- Brand new brake lines, fittings and master cylinder
- Brand new performance front calipers, rotors and pads with custom made brackets
- Swapped the rear axle with drum brakes for one with disc brakes.
- New fuel lines, filter and fuel tank sender unit
- Rebuilt Edelbrock/Weber performance carburettor
- New Distributor cap, finger, coil, spark plugs, leads
- New Bosch gauges
- Custom made plate and pulley assemblies for the fake blower
- New rear beaver panel and lower rear fender sections
- Installed plexiglass covers for the Headlights
- Wired the headlights and rear lights
- Wired the ignition and added a kill switch
- New Battery and battery holders
- New engine, gerbow and differential oil
After completing that work I drove the car 700 miles from Sydney to Brisbane and it ran like a charm, very powerful and sounding great. The coolant temperature stayed in the 160 degrees zone even under load on highway in the Australian heat, so no overheating isues.
The car is not perfect but we made it work in true Wasteland fashion, it's beautifully rough, and you'll easily fall in love with it.
Here is the teaser for the documentary to come about our adventure building it and driving it : (Click Here: youtu.be)
I included some spare parts in the trunk : new seat lower sections if you don't like the rough ones curently installed, spare Holley Carburettor that was on the car when I got it, fiberglass side sections that go on the fenders for the rear spoiler (didn'nt install them because I like the rougeher look it gives without them), lots and lots of bits and bobs, and some gear oil.
This is your chance to own a very rare and valuable piece of automotive AND movie industry.
A safe investment as the XB coupes raise in value every year, and its movie history adds alot to its market value.
The car is currently located at our shipping agent's warehouse in Brisbane Harbour and SHIPPING TO ALL MAJOR PORTS IN THE WORLD IS INCLUDED in the price you pay!