Kevin Lewis is a highly-successful creative/art director by day, and an award-winning cosplayer by night and weekend. Born and raised in Dallas, Texas, his childhood fascination with movie special fx, makeup and monsters has evolved into a passion for all things cosplay and pop culture.
After designing and making his own Halloween costumes and competing in (and winning) various costume contests, his focus shifted to cosplaying at cons. His specialties include special fx and prosthetic makeup.
Kevin has been featured on everything from local television to web series and Marvel.com for his cosplays. This has opened doors to work with and cosplay for various non-profit children’s charities, something that Kevin is extremely passionate about.
To see and find out more about Kevin, follow him on Facebook.com/ImaginaryFX or Instagram @ImaginaryFX
• North Texas Cosplay Group - Cosplayer of the Year for 2016
• Featured in the book, Cosplay Unmasked - Behind the Costume
• Featured on the cover of Guidelive Magazine in the Dallas Morning News.
• Multiple TV appearances
• Judged Adult & Kids cosplay contest at Dallas Comic Con
• Has won multiple cosplay contests, both online and off, including The Judges Award for Cosmunity and Mike Spatola’s (award winning special fx makeup artist) Monstrous Makeup Contest
• Won 1st place at Walker Stalker Con (Walking Dead) Cosplay Contest in 2015
• Co-moderated and judged Walker Stalker Con (Walking Dead) Cosplay Contest in 2016
• Featured by Marvel on their social media channels
• Guest cosplayer at “Famous Monsters Con” which included running panels and fx makeup demos
• Special FX makeup and acting role on the Nerdist show “The Space Program” with Kyle Hill